Cookie and related technologies
1. Information about our technologies
The use of our services includes the presence of cookie and related technologies adopted by RiparaOra and from authorized third party suppliers. We use cookie and related technologies that will not be part of your device or only until the browser is active (like session cookie). Moreover, we use cookie and related technologies that will be saved on your device for a long-term (like persistent cookie). Whenever is possible, we adopt appropriate security measures to prevent any unauthorized access to our cookie and related technologies. A unique ID identification grants just to us and to authorized third party suppliers the access to data collected through cookie and related technologies.
Cookie and related technologies that we use have various functions:
- They can be technically necessary tools to supply our services
- They help us to improve our services from a technical point of view (like through error messages’ monitoring and for loading time)
- They help us to improve your user experience (like saving characters’ dimension as well as the data collected through modules)
Cookie are little text files (generally made up of letters and numbers) that are put inside the memory of your browser or device whenever you use our services, especially when you visit our website or open a message. Cookie allow a specific device or browser recognition. There exist two types of them:
- Session cookie (also known as session based cookie) expire at the end of the session (like when you close the browser window) and they allow to their user to keep track of your activities during this session
- Persistent cookie remain in the memory of your device between a session and the other and they allow us, for example, to keep track on the settings or on the activities on different websites
- Owner cookie are set by the supplier of the online service you are using (like the executor of the website you are visiting)
- Third party cookie are set by a different supplier with respect to the supplier whose online service you are using (like an executor of a website different from the one you are visiting)
1.1.2. Web beacon
Web beacon (also known as pixel tag or transparent GIF) are graphical pictures of small dimensions used together with the supply of our services and that generally work in a combination with cookie to track the use of an online service from the users. For example, when we send emails to you, web beacon allow us to check whether you opened them and whether you clicked on the links to measure the campaign performance to improve its functionalities.
1.1.3. Related technologies
Related technologies are those allowing whoever uses them to monitor you behavior as a user. This can be done through shared local objects or local storage, like flash cookie, HTML 5 cookie and other web App software, that memorize your browser or device’s information. Moreover, there are other technologies that work without being memorized locally on you final device, but that instead use, among other things, your browser’s functions. In this case, a “digital fingerprint” of your system is created, that works as a unique identification. These technologies can work on all of your browsers and in some cases are not entirely managed by your browser, but they could be managed directly by the installed applications or by your device itself. Sometimes we use the terms cookie and related technologies interchangeably.
2. Why do we use them?
Cookie, web beacon and related technologies used together with our services have the following functions:
1.2.1. Technologies that are necessary from the operational point of view
We use cookie, web beacon and related technologies that are necessary for the functioning of our services. This includes technologies that allow the user the access to websites, services and tools, and they are requested to monitor the website functioning, avoiding fraudulent activities and ensuring better security, or even more they allow you to use functions like charts, saved researches or similar functions.
1.2.2. Technologies related to performances
We use cookie, web beacon or other related technologies to evaluate our services’ performance. This is useful, also, to do an analysis on how visitors use our services, our users use our messaging tools, if and how objects and links are displayed or how to improve our services.
1.2.3. Technologies related to functionality
We may use cookie, web beacon or other related technologies to offer you advanced functionalities during the access to or use of our services. These technologies can, among others, identify you when you get access to our services or can memorize your settings or the objects viewed, so to have the possibility to improve contents’ display concerning our services, to facilitate their use (like through the function “stay signed”).
1.2.4. Technologies related to marketing or targeting
3. Services’ suppliers
- Facebook: RiparaOra can transfer information on your usage of our services, including additional personal data related to you (how it is described in a detailed way on ads settings), through Facebook Pixel and the direct delivery of data to Facebook through RiparaOra servers. When we name Facebook, we refer to Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbor, Dublin 2, Ireland for the user belonging to the EES, and Facebook Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025, United States, for all the other users. These data transmissions allow us to show you personalized ads on Facebook platforms, to measure the effectiveness and to communicate it to Facebook. The specifics on the data treatment and an explanation on the respective responsibilities for what concerns data privacy can be found on the page Conditions for Facebook Business’ tools (“Facebook Conditions”). The following terms are applied to the users within the EES: in cases in which RiparaOra is exclusively responsible for your personal data treatment (including the transmission of such data to Facebook), according to Facebook Conditions (that is, when Facebook supplies RiparaOra with comparison, measurement and analysis services), Facebook acts exclusively on behalf of RiparaOra on the basis of an applicable treatment agreement (namely Conditions on data treatment in addition to the Appendix on Facebook data transfer within EU). If, however, RiparaOra and Facebook take in solidum responsibility for the collection and transmission of your personal data to Facebook (specifically for the treatment of data on our services aimed at personalizing, improving and measure the effectiveness of our ads), Facebook will treat such data as independently responsible subject and will take fully responsibility.